[Koha] Koha 18.05 Patron search broken for non-superlibrarian users

Mai mai.arakaki at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 06:36:58 NZDT 2019

Dear all,
We're experiencing problems with patron search on Koha 18.05
When a non-superlibrarian staff member looks up a patron, the following
error occurs:

> Can't call method "branchcode" on an undefined value at
> /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/members/member.pl line 56, <DATA> line
> 751.

If the superlibrarian looks up the same user, It'll retrieve it correctly.
Additionaly, If the non-superlibrarian staff member looks up the same
patron from either the Circulation module or the "Check out" tab at Koha's
Home, it's information is also retrieved correctly.
Switching the non-superlibrarian staff member to superlibrarian fixes the
issue but for obvious reasons, it's not ideal.

This happens regardless of the patron we look up.
Thanks in advance,

--
Maite Arakaki