[Koha] Software error: Can't call method "branchname" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 1627.

Karam Qubsi karamqubsi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 23:26:21 NZDT 2019

Hello Bruck,

This query (UPDATE items SET homebranch='LIB', holdingbranch='LIB') )  is
very dangerous.

This will set all (homebranch  and holdingbranch )  in your items table to
be LIB for all items!

if that is not what you want, then try to retrieve a backup from (
/var/spool/koha ) or anywhere else you store your backups .

Please note that LIB should be one of your branches custom code. so are you
sure it is LIB in your Koha installation ?

Regards.

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 5:27 PM Tadesse, Bruck <bruck at wider.unu.edu> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have just recently upgraded to 17.05 from 16.05 and when I try to edit
> items on Koha, it throws the following error "Can't call method
> "branchname" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line
> 1627". I search the archive online saw the advice to update the two fields<
> https://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2017-September/048966.html>
> (UPDATE items SET homebranch='LIB', holdingbranch='LIB'). I have done that
> and did the full reindex. But, that does not seem to have helped. Please
> advise.
>
> Many thanks,
> Bruck Tadesse

​*Karam Qubsi*