[Koha] Koha upgrade from 3.20.00.000 (2015) to any latest and stable version

akafortes akafortes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 21:46:58 NZST 2019

Hello,

I just migrated a 3.20 installation to the latest version (I think it is
19.05?).
Here is what I did:

* Backup of the Koha database, from the 3.20 installation.
* New Server, where i was going to deploy the new installation.
* Install Koha on the new server, with the latest version. I made sure to
use the same instance name so the database would have the same name.
* After the package installation, I deleted the new koha database created by
the setup. *I didn't go on to the web installer*.
* Create a new, empty, database with the same name.
* Restore the backup of the old koha database.
* Use the *koha-upgrade-schema* to upgrade the database to the latest
version.
* Rebuild zebra index. At this point I got a few errors on the indexing here
and there, but after the process finished, everything was working OK for my
library.

Hope this helps

--
Sent from: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-general-f3047918.html