[Koha] Help with barcode encoding

Chris Brown chris at stayawake.co.uk
Thu Apr 18 19:44:06 NZST 2019

Hi Christopher,

I am not an expert on these things but I think the question is "what
barcode formats will my barcode reader handle?". So long as Koha gets
numerical data it doesn't care whether you typed it in on the keyboard or
scanned it in with the barcode reader.

The barcode reader is supported in the operating system not in Koha, it
just generates a string of digits as if you had typed it in.

Hope this helps,

Chris Brown