[Koha] Purging patrons while keeping those with items on loan

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Mon Apr 15 07:29:40 NZST 2019

Hi Elaine,

I just tested in master and the batch patron/anonymization tool won't
delete patrons with checkouts. What I did:

- Create 2 expired users of a new patron category
- Checked out an item to 1
- Batch deleted the category expired since before today
=> Only the patron with no checkouts was deleted.

To make sure you could repeat the test in your Koha installation, you
might find it already works like you need it to. The same should be true
for patrons with fines.

If you want to check other things too, you could also work with the
patron list option and create a list of all users you want to delete,
removing those with checkouts, holds, etc.

Hope that helps,

Katrin