[Koha] Problematic barcode behavior...

abrazier at buttepubliclibrary.info abrazier at buttepubliclibrary.info
Thu Apr 4 11:35:13 NZDT 2019

We have always generated barcodes from within Koha and when we are
adding items to the catalog, with the plugin (barcode.pl) for the
barcode field (952$p), it is no longer populating with the desired
barcode. It used to work fine set as "generating in the form 1,2,3".
Now, it populates the field with a barcode that we do not want to use.

Note, if we do assign that reoccurring problem barcode (x) to an item,
the next barcode generated is the next consecutive problem barcode
(x+1). The behavior of the plugin works fine. But, if I manually assign
the right barcode to an initial item (y), the next barcode that is
auto-generated is not (y+1), but is back to the problem barcode (x).

Any ideas out there?

Allen