[Koha] software error when user not superlibrarian tries to find a patron

Ere Maijala ere.maijala at helsinki.fi
Tue Oct 23 21:05:07 NZDT 2018

Hi Carolina,

That's the only situation where I've seen this is when you login with
the database administrator account. So, could it be that you've used
that as the superlibrarian user? If so, you should either use the
superlibrarian account created during onboarding (see
https://koha-community.org/manual/17.11/html/01_installation.html#create-a-patron)
or login with the database account just to create a proper patron
account that you can use for other functionality.

Regards,
Ere

Carolina Andreu kirjoitti 22.10.2018 klo 15.29:
> Hello Koha community,
> We've found that when a librarian has some permissions (catalog + borrowers)
> but not superlibrarian and syspref IndependenBranches is turned on, we get a
> software error when this user not superlibrarian tries to find a patron
> within the patrons module: Can't call method "branchcode" on an undefined
> value at /home/www/our_koha/intranet/cgi-bin/members/member.pl line 56.
>
> Still, this user is able to find the same patron searched before if
> cardnumber or borrowernumber is used instead of name.
>
> We're working on Koha 17.11 + Debian 8.
>
> Has someone experienced this behavior and could give any clue? Should we
>
> Thanks in advance!

Ere Maijala
Kansalliskirjasto / The National Library of Finland