[Koha] Cannot restore my old koha db to a new installation

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Oct 17 14:18:14 NZDT 2018

On 17/10/18 2:10 PM, Larisa Snabi wrote:
> Hello community,
> I have done a fresh installation of the koha 18.xx but when I tried to
> restore my old koha(3.xx) db from a MySQL dump I am getting errors on
> reaching the upgrade schema library.
> We are using Ubuntu 16 and have also installed MariaDB. The error I am
> getting is

I am guessing you mean 18.05.xx ? (It is very useful to include the year
and date, there are always 2 major releases each year.
So saying 17.xx doesn't tell us if you used 17.05.xx or 17.11.xx for
example.)
Also Koha 3.22.x ? or earlier?
And Ubuntu 16.04 or 16.10 ?

The reason this is important is because if we assume you mean 3.22.x and
you meant 3.4.x Koha, we will give you the wrong advice.

> *DBD : :mysql: :db do failed: Table 'koha_cpgslibrary.systempreferences'
> does not exist [for statement "Select " FROM systempreferences WHERE 1=0" ]
> at usr/share/koha/lib/koha/Database.pm line 110.*
> *I also tried without upgrading the schema but I am getting a Dbix error *
> What should I do to be able to restore back the old db.

Can you check in your database dump from your earlier version, if the
systempreferences table exists?

Chris