[Koha] Request For CATALOGING TAG NO

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 03:30:39 NZDT 2018

Adding to what Caroline said:

On Mon 15 Oct, 2018, 7:28 PM Caroline Cyr-La-Rose, <
caroline.cyr-la-rose at inlibro.com> wrote:

Bill no.: I don't think this information is cataloged in the record or
> the item. You'd have to go through the acquisitions module to add the
> bill number. However, there are always local note fields that you can
> add, 59X

Bill no and date are typical requests from our Indian Koha clients, who
typically often do not use the ACQ module.

What we suggest them is to establish a local practise to store the data
into the 952 non-public note using standardised mnemonics and delimiter for
their library so that SQL reports can be used later to parse / search them
(typically using the sql CASE statements).

So at some of our clients, this would be typical entry:

952  \\$xBN:LIB/PUR/129/18-19|BD:2018-10-10|

Where BN: marks the start of Bill No and goes on until the delimiter "|" is
reached, similarly BD: denotes Bill Date.

The reason I mentioned 'establishing a local practise' is because these two
"fields" are always to be input first into 952$x, anything else would come
after the delimiter after BD:. And we also insist that the bill date be
stored only in ISO 8601 (YYYY-MM-DD) format, not withstanding what is the
dateformat syspref is set to in their Koha instance.

Hope this helps,

Indranil Das Gupta
L2C2 Technologies.