[Koha] Koha - display of Periodicals(serials) search result in Koha

Krishna K krishna.moorthy94 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 02:01:14 NZDT 2018

Hi all,

We are using Koha 17.11.05 and we recently went live with entry of
periodical/serial subscriptions and recorded receipts of magazine issues.
However, when we do an OPAC search, the search result shows only the
subscription information and not the specific issue that has the searched
keyword in it.
Let me explain with an example -

   1. We have recorded subscription of National Geographic Magazine
   2. We received 10 issues of the above magazine. At the time of receipt,
   in the item Public Note we enter information on what that particular issue
   contains for example -
      1. July Issue public note has Dolphins, Cave Mammals, Fossils
      2. Aug issue with National Parks, Ice Age
      3. May issue  with Leopards, Dophins
   3. When we search for Dolphins, National Geographic appears in search
   result. When we click on this and see the holdings, it shows all the 3
   issues of this magazine and not just the May and July issue.
   4. When the number of magazine issues is very large, this search result
   is not useful.

Could anyone guide us in terms of how to show the relevant *items* with the
searched terms  in the public note, in the search result ? Alternately, how
to enable a better search experience for OPAC users for periodicals/serials
?

--
Regards,
Krishna