[Koha] Koha 17.05 and memcached

Bortel, Gary gary.bortel at sos.wa.gov
Tue May 15 09:02:56 NZST 2018

Sigh...

And so to bring this thing almost full circle, I started digging, trying to understand why the koha-common service wasn't starting as expected. Going back to the /etc/init.d/koha-common script and comparing 17.05.10 to 17.05.11...at least part of the problem was staring back at lines 26 & 27.

# Exit if the package is not installed
[ -x /usr/sbin/koha-zebra ] || exit 0

WAIT!!! Wasn't I just told there is no command "koha-zebra" till 18.05???

1. Change the command to "koha-start-zebra"
2. Restart the OS
4. koha-common is now running (sudo service --status-all)
5. And the koha directories and sub-directories under /var/run have been created as expected

I'll try this with my production machine tomorrow and, hopefully, get it updated before 18.05 is released...

gcb