[Koha] Permissions groups patch

Narcis Garcia informatica at actiu.net
Tue May 1 20:06:52 NZST 2018

  Permissions groups patch for Koha 17.11

Overview: patron accounts with cardnumber and userid/login that match
with a category code and act as a permissions template. When staff
create a patron account and assigns it to a category, new account
permissions are rewritten by copying them from corresponding template
account.

          Usage steps

 1.

    Create a category (later will be used like a "permissions group").
    Example: Code "LIBRARN" Name "Librarians"

 2.

    Create a (user) patron account with a card number "LIBRARN" and
    username/id "LIBRARN". I'ts important to disable account by setting
    a past expiry date.

 3.

    Define group permissions by setting this account permissions (More
    -> Set permissions)

 4.

    Use the category (LIBRARN) to classify normal patron accounts (users)

          Setup for CMS

Having Koha already installed and working, you need to install *kohapg*
service in same host.

This system service will be looking database the time to rewrite
permissions for accounts classified in a category with matching
permissions template.

          Used elements from database

  *

    Table /borrowers/: columns /cardnumber/, /userid/, /categorycode/->
    /flags/

  *

    Table /categories/: columns /categorycode/

El 30/04/18 a les 20:45, Narcis Garcia ha escrit: