[Koha] Report help

Eric Phetteplace ephetteplace at cca.edu
Tue Mar 20 06:55:02 NZDT 2018

Hi Mutasem,

Can you clarify what you mean by "number of search book in koha"? I can
think of a few different interpretations, including:

1) number of times someone searched the OPAC for a book
2) number of books that be retrieved by a search

#1 cannot be answered with a report, as far as I know, but would instead
require web analytics that track how often a search URL is visited. If you
have Google Analytics set up for your catalog, you can see how often URLs
like "cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=" were accessed.

2) can be very simply or rather lengthy depending on what you want to
include. At its simplest, you can just count the number of bibliographic
records in your Koha database:

SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM biblio

If you want something a bit more refined, for instance only biblios that
have attached items or perhaps the number items with a "BOOK" type, then
that has to be modified but it's hard to know what you want based on your