[Koha] Numeric subfield in framework

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Sat Mar 17 03:31:58 NZDT 2018

On 2018-03-16 06:00 AM, Narcis Garcia wrote:
> I'm editing subtags in a MARC21 framework, and trying to use 302.a for
> book's pages number.
> At Tag subfield structure -> Edit -> Other options; how can I set
> authorized value to be only a positive integer number?

Javascript *might* allow you to limit to 'a positive integer', but why?

First, tag 302 is obsolete (so LoC, if you accept them as properly
reflecting MARC21 status, do not supply suggestions.)

Secondly, the number of pages in a bibliographic record are normally
recorded in 300$a - "Extent", described as "Number of physical pages,
volumes, cassettes, total playing time, etc., of of each type of unit."

We often have entries such as:
300 ##$axii, 352, [8 advert.] p.

LoC <http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd300.html> give additional
examples such as:
300 ##$a1 videocassette of 1 (Beta) (30 min.)

which might answer your follow-up email.

Best -- Paul