[Koha] Capturing a "consent" field for new patrons

Agnes Rivers-Moore arm at hanover.ca
Sat Mar 10 08:35:09 NZDT 2018

Hello Chris, Barton and the list!

An email consent field is something that many libraries need to accommodate, with recent legislation in US, Europe, Canada...

If anyone is thinking about developing something around tracking email consent, we would be interested.

Useful would be:
- consent field with Authorised Values drop down allowing multiple choices - e.g. Yes/No for library messages, library newsletter, new titles list, library events etc.
- If Yes, then required date - calendar picker
- timestamp recorded when any consent field changes (to yes or from yes to no)
- ability to export (SQL report?) based on consent choices and timestamp (for upload to mailer program)

I am posting here to invite comments, if there is a good response this could lead to a bug request.

Agnes