[Koha] Koha System Hardware Requirements

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 00:06:52 NZST 2018

Hi Ganesha,

On Sat 23 Jun, 2018, 5:12 PM Ganesha H, <hganesah at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am Ganesha working as Librarian in First Grade College.( Book Collection
> 10000). I am planning to install Koha Library Software in my College.

Great! Welcome to the community.

Please suggest me System hardware Requirements with Bar code Printer &
> Koha version.

The latest stable version is 18.05 but you may be better served by sticking
to Koha 17.11 series for the moment on Debian 8.10 or Ubuntu 16.04.

While any up-to-date dual core system with 4GB ram should do. How much ram
you will need depends of how many simultaneous users hit your system. So to
pay safe, better to go with 8GB

You really don't need a dedicated barcode printer which uses barcode
printing rolls. Any ordinary monochrome, A4 laser printer will do. You can
use A4 label stickers and Koha will work fine with it.

You will of course need Linux admin skills to setup, manage and maintain
the server.

The other option could be to go for a hosted Koha system from a Koha
service provider.

Hope this helps.

Indranil Das Gupta