[Koha] Introducing a Puppet module for Koha

Jérôme Charaoui jcharaoui at cmaisonneuve.qc.ca
Thu Jun 21 05:42:49 NZST 2018

Dear Koha users and developpers,

I would like to introduce to you a new Koha Puppet module:

https://gitlab.com/cmaisonneuve/puppet-koha

This work has been sponsored by my employer: Collège de Maisonneuve
(http://www.cmaisonneuve.qc.ca/).

Puppet is an open-source configuration management platform aimed at
enabling automation of software deployments.

The Puppet Koha module can take care of configuring the Koha APT
repository, installing the koha-common package, managing the Koha
configuration files and templates, installing and configuring the Apache
webserver, and, of course, creating and managing Koha instances.

You don't need a full server/client Puppet deployment to use this
module: it also works with a standalone agent.

It's currently light on tests and documentation, but I hope to fix this
in future releases.

Bug reports and merge requests welcome!

Thanks,

-- Jerome