[Koha] Import the MARC21 with Item details

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Sun Jun 3 03:20:21 NZST 2018

Hi Laxmi Lal Menaria

Katrin wrote:

 > There should be no semicolons or whitespace like below:
 > =952  \\$a2442 ;$b2442 ;$o2442 ;$p2442 ;$yBooks

So by omitting semicolons and whitespaces I guess Katrin is suggesting
the following:

=952\\$a2442$b2442$o2442$p2442$yBooks

$a $b $o and $p all containing the same value "2442" seems wrong. Of
course you should use the correct values according to your actual
branchcode / itemtype code / callnumber / barcode - only your $yBooks
seems correct (assuming "Books" is actually one of your configured
itemtype codes).

 > $a and $b the branchcode configured in Koha
 > $o callnumber
 > $p barcode
 > $y the itemtype code configured in Koha

In fact, myself I don't know about this syntax since I always create
MARCXML records. In MARCXML MARC field 952 could look like this, for
example:

   <datafield tag="952" ind1=" " ind2=" ">
     <subfield code="a">KDZ</subfield>
     <subfield code="b">KDZ</subfield>
     <subfield code="o">KDZ-A-108-108</subfield>
     <subfield code="p">+XVK26608</subfield>
     <subfield code="y">BOOK</subfield>
   </datafield>

Hope this helps.