[Koha] [EXTERNAL] NCIP User Question - biblionum in 001 vs 999c

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Fri Jul 27 08:06:50 NZST 2018

I'm not sure where this thread is going, but from one "maritime" library
to another, the 001 is defined at
<http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bdleader.html> and shouldn't have
anything to do with biblio numbers (which are stored in 999$c as far as
Koha is concerned and are used relationally with numerous other data
entries.)

As to OCLC, our cataloguers see entries at 035$a in the format
"(OCoLC)34125755" (again, see
<http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd035.html> which specifically
mentions OCLC.) Our budget does not cover the cost of OCLC services, so
I am blissfully ignorant of how to use their numbers -- maybe they,
rather than Koha, are better equipped to answer your query?

Best -- Paul