[Koha] new authorized value for damaged: tinyint vs int

Giuseppe Angilella Giuseppe.Angilella at ct.infn.it
Wed Jul 25 17:56:17 NZST 2018

Hi,

I've defined a new authorized value for the DAMAGED category. In my
database, this corresponds to id = 256 in the authorised_values table,
where id is an int(11).

However, when I try to select that authorized value for a particular item,
my choice is not recorded. I noticed that items.damaged is described as
tinyint(1). In fact, if I try to update items manually and set 256, this
is automatically converted into 127.

How can I solve this problem?

Is it a bug I should report, or rather a database upgrade in my system
which did not take place correctly?

Many thanks and best regards,

Giuseppe.