[Koha] Overdue reminder emails in Koha

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Jul 25 07:08:28 NZST 2018

Hi Chris

 > Is there any way to configure Koha to send out a reminder email a
 > couple of days BEFORE a book is due back? For example, can I enter a
 > negative number in the "Delay" field on the overdue notice / status
 > triggers screen?

Have a look at Koha system preference "EnhancedMessagingPreferences"
(and also "EnhancedMessagingPreferencesOPAC" if you want to let the user
decide how many days in advance he will be noticed).

*
https://koha-community.org/manual/17.11/en/html/02_administration.html#enhancedmessagingpreferences

Also see

*
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Customising_Notices_and_Slips#Differences_between_advance_and_overdue_notices

Of course you will have to prepare notices "PREDUE" and PREDUDGST" to
your needs in Koha menu "Tools > Notices & slips".

*
https://koha-community.org/manual/17.11/en/html/03_tools.html#existing-notices-slips

Also be aware there is a cronjob named "advance_notices.pl" in your file
"/etc/cron.daily/koha-common".

*
https://koha-community.org/manual/17.11/en/html/17_cron_jobs.html#advanced-notice

 > Also is there a log kept of the overdue notices that have been sent?

You may use Koha system preference "NoticeBcc" to send every notice to
your e-mail address.

*
https://koha-community.org/manual/17.11/en/html/02_administration.html#noticebcc

 > I am using Postfix to send mail, and Koha 17.11

Hope this helps.

Best wishes: Michael