[Koha] Cataloging Error

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Wed Jul 25 01:47:16 NZST 2018

On 2018-07-24 09:24 AM, Michael Kuhn wrote:
>  > If you want to see which fields are mandatory, go to Administration >
>  > MARC bibliographic framework. Be sure to check the right framework you
>  > were using while cataloging (to check that, click on the Settings
>  > button in the cataloging form https://snag.gy/cNuFsB.jpg)
>
> Additionally every framework shows a very tiny red asterisk (*) if a
> field is mandatory. So since all the fields 000, 001, 003, 005, 008,
> 040$c, 245$a and 942$c in the standard framework are mandatory they show
> this small red asterisk at the left side.

I believe that this query started with cataloguing an *item*.  Our
cataloguers occasionally run into this, and have always had difficulty
when on the "items-edit" page understanding that they have to return to
the "biblio-edit" page to put things right. Maybe it's a bug, but a
little bit of experience with Koha goes a long way...

Best -- Paul