[Koha] Batch restriction of patrons?

Cab Vinton bibliwho at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 07:49:33 NZST 2018

Hi, All --

We've used the noissuescharge setting in the Circulation preferences
to prevent patrons from checking items out when their fines exceed a
certain amount.

However, since most of our fines are relatively modest, it may take
several months to reach the noissuescharge cap if a patron only has 1
or 2 items checked out.

There doesn't appear to be a similar setting for blocking patrons when
a particular item becomes long overdue.

We can go into each patron's account & add a manual restriction, but
we generally have several patrons needing this change in status.
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the Batch Patron Modification tool
can be used to set patrons' debarred status (though we can set a new
expiration date for their cards).

I believe the Patron Import tool might be an option, but that seems
too convoluted.

Am I missing something?

Many thanks in advance,

Cab Vinton, Director