[Koha] Bare Bones Import and Merge with Card Data

Alvin W. wilzons at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 05:09:47 NZDT 2018

I've setup a new Koha on an Ubuntu server and am preparing my initial
upload of data to populate it. I have a file of bare-bones data

ISBN
Title
Author

I've been working on the assumption that by using ISBN I can collect the
rest of the data from z39.50 servers.

I have figured out how to run a z39.50 search from inside Koha and I have
been able to merge that with my items. But I haven't seen any way to
automate that in some sort of batch run for all the items.

Is it possible to automate the z39.50 search & merge inside Koha?

Or would the better approach be to use a z39.50 client --before-- loading
the data into Koha and when I build full-content records for the import.
I've looked at z39.50 client software and almost all of it is either not
supported, not found, or very, very old -- one link said it was for Windows
95!

So -- to add card catalog/Marc data to complete my bare bones list -- can
it be done in Koha or should I build those record before the Import?

If before the import, can anyone recommend a z39.50 client?

thanks very much for any help!!