[Koha] SQL help - Bulk Card Number modification

SATISH lis4satish at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 18:57:55 NZDT 2018

Hi,

With Koha 16.11.11 / Package Installation/ Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop with
MySQL -  mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.57

We use, students' register number as card number for circulation. And
regarding bulk 'card number' modifications :

I have a situation, where, first semester borrowers will only get
'permanent register number' during the time of examinations.
Till that, I should manage borrowers' circulation with 'temporary card
number' (assigned by me). After receiving 'permanent register number from
the college office, I have to replace 'temporary number' by 'permanent card
number'.

Going editing/modifying each patron one by one is very tedious and time
consuming, therefore, Is there any way I could use sql and some kind of
script to replace card number? (at the terminal)

Your suggesstions or best practices would be very helpful.

Thank You.

Satish MV
Librarian
Govt. Engineering College, Hassan