[Koha] HTML5 video embedding returns software error

Caroline Cyr-La-Rose caroline.cyr-la-rose at inlibro.com
Thu Jan 4 04:36:03 NZDT 2018

Hello all,

I'm trying to test the HTML5 video embedding functionality (sys pref
HTML5MediaEnable is "in OPAC and staff client" and HTML5MediaYouTube is
"embed").

I put a youtube link in the 856 $u and either when I try to save the
record in Cataloguing or when I try to access the record in the OPAC, I
get a software error :

garbage after JSON object, at character offset 57801 (before ";ytplayer.load = fun...") at /usr/share/perl5/WWW/YouTube/Download.pm line 226.

This is the exact link I put in 856$u:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTzaK4l3UJY

I'm using Koha 16.05 with Firefox Quantum.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Caroline Cyr La Rose, M.S.I.
Bibl. prof. / Chargée de la formation et du soutien

Tél.  : 1 (833) 465-4276
caroline.cyr-la-rose at inLibro.com <mailto:caroline.cyr-la-rose at inLibro.com>

inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>