[Koha] Koha 17.11 - koha-mysql command - Error: Unknown Variable

Craig Butosi cbutosi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 06:24:28 NZDT 2018

Hi everyone,

Just a follow-up here for the community:

I had a syntax error in my MariaDB mysql.cnf file, which is found in
/etc/mysql/conf.d directory. After changing "[mysql]" to "[mysqld]" (
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix), ensuring
that the init file pathway was correct, and then restarting mysql, I was
able to get into the sql shell using $koha-mysql [instancename].

Thanks again, Tomas.

All best,

Craig Butosi, MA, MLIS, B Mus (Hons)
Library: library.craigbutosi.ca