[Koha] Screenshots internationalization for the manual (and acceptance tests?)

Caroline Cyr-La-Rose caroline.cyr-la-rose at inlibro.com
Tue Feb 27 05:44:42 NZDT 2018

Hi Jonathan,

I'm not sure I understand everything in your email. Let me know if I'm
understanding this right. What you are asking is if we (the
non-technical ppl) would be willing to write up "steps" for each of the
1300+ screenshots in the manual so that developers can translate those
into code to automate the screenshot-taking and deploy it across all
manuals and all languages.

Do we have enough developers in the community to do that? I don't want
to speak for the whole documentation team, but I think that if we do it
little by little (when we review a section or sub-section for example),
it is feasible. It might take a couple of years to go through the 1300+
pictures, though. And we would need to have a way to know which
screenshot has been automated and which is still manual (ideally,
directly in the manual, maybe with a comment?).

When we want to add a screenshot, let's say for a new feature, how does
the workflow go? Do we take a manual screenshot first and write up the
steps? Or just write the steps and wait for the developer to take the
screenshot?

What about when we want to add squares or circles to point out a
specific button (do we do that in the manual?) or add numbers like in
this example you sent :
http://download.koha-community.org/manual/wip_screenshots/en/html/_images/marc21_basic_setup.png
?

I hope this helps your reflection