[Koha] Backups and customized apache conf

Rubeno Fernández enseikou at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 01:57:45 NZDT 2018

Hello all, I think I found a bug.
As root, I was getting this error mail from cron:

/etc/cron.daily/koha-common:
mysqldump: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be
insecure.
tar: etc/apache2/sites-enabled/biblioteko.conf: Cannot stat: No such file or
directory
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

This is from koha-run-backups, which finds my Koha instance 'biblioteko' with
koha-list and then looks for the apache configuration file /etc/apache2/sites-
enabled/biblioteko.conf.
The problem seems to be that I edited that file when I added a self-signed
certificate to my intranet, so that now the original 'biblioteko.conf' file is
in 'sites-available', whereas the one in 'sites-enabled' is named 'biblioteko-
ssl.conf'.

root at katalogo-ubuntu16:~# a2query -s biblioteko
No site matches biblioteko (disabled by site administrator)
root at katalogo-ubuntu16:~# a2query -s biblioteko-ssl
biblioteko-ssl (enabled by site administrator)

I think the documentation should specify that the name of the apache conf file
cannot be modified once created by koha-create.
On the other hand, the tarred backups appear in /var/spool/koha/biblioteko,
but I don't know whether they're well formed.

Did any one ever change the name of the apache conf file and encounter this
issue? Are those backup files functional?

Rubén Fernández Asensio