[Koha] Attach file to bibliographic record

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Fri Feb 2 23:24:02 NZDT 2018

Hi Chrispin

 > I have a Koha installation in Ubuntu 17.05 using the package method. I
 > have configure and enable upload.pl but strangely iam unable to view
 > attached file through the opac
 > In the staff client iam able to open and read file. Where have I gone
 > wrong. Thank you.

For Koha 16.11 you will find the information regarding upload here:

* https://koha-community.org/manual/16.11/html/ch03s03.html#uploadtool
* https://koha-community.org/manual/16.11/html/ch06.html#uploadbibfile

Unfortunately for Koha 17.05 URL structure has changed so you will have
to find the respective chapters in the Koha 17.05 manual for yourself,
but I don't think anything has changed since Koha 16.11.

However I also found this:

http://knowgate.niscair.res.in/documents/10181/21379/Uploading+E-Resources+to+Bibliographical+Details+In+KOHA%2C+Working+With+Advanced+Editor+And+Duplicating+Records.pdf/15e72baf-8af4-4763-889c-30087d1f7523?version=1.1

Did you correctly configure system preference "OPACBaseURL"?

Be sure to first restart the Apache HTTP Server, then also Koha itself.

# service apache2 restart
# service koha-common restart

Maybe you didn't link plugin "upload.pl" to MARC 856$u ?

Best wishes: Michael