[Koha] quotation marks not displaying correctly

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Dec 12 09:29:28 NZDT 2018

Hi Elaine

https://catalogue.efdss.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=78890

 > I've cleared the cache, updated Chrome and also tested it in Firefox.
 > Still there.
 > Here's the strange part - if I go in and edit out the " and put
 > in proper quotation marks, and save it, it seems to stick.  However,
 > if I open the record for editing, even if I don't touch any fields, it
 > changes back to "  It also happens to quotation marks in other
 > fields, not just the title.
 > I couldn't find a bug reported for this, so I'm wondering if anyone
 > else has seen this happen, or if it might be some internal problem?

For your information: I tested it in my Koha 18.11 demo installation -
it is the same there. If you insert " it seems to stay and displays
correctly in staff client and OPAC. But if you edit again it changes
back to " and displays as such.

Best wishes: Michael