[Koha] Optional authority control in MARC21 700 field

Rubén Fernández Asensio enseikou at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 21:05:22 NZST 2018

Hello all,
In my library, we've decided to do authority control for added entries
only for personal names meeting certain requirements. (We're probably in
violation of all cataloguing rules, but we just haven't got the time and
means to control all secondary authors, and yet don't want to fully
renounce authority control; there must be a middle ground.)
However, there's no way to activate the authority thesaurus only
optionally and allow free text typing instead. I've tried adding a
second 700 field with different requirements but it's not added. A new
700a subfield simply replaces the previous one.
Is there a technical way around this? Or else, a better way of achieving
this, and allowing one single record to have different 700 fields with
authority control and without it? What would you do?

Rubén