[Koha] Barcode Scanners

clint.deckard clint.deckard at frontiers.co.nz
Tue Apr 24 13:31:26 NZST 2018

Hi Wascally,
Just about any standard scanner should work with Koha.
I have had good success with Zebex usb scanners.
Generally the scanner just works 'out of the box' as long as it can read
  the format of your barcodes you are using. The same scanner can be
used for circulation and inventory but you may prefer a wireless scanner
for inventory if it makes the task more convenient.
My (limited) experience with barcode phone apps is that they generally
work but are often slower and more cumbersome to use.
Hope that helps,
Clint.