[Koha] Need to change the pickup location of the hold

Anne-Marie Mana Deweerdt anne-marie.deweerdt at uclouvain.be
Fri Apr 20 20:52:32 NZST 2018

Hello,

I'm very sorry for the delay... We want to allow the item-level request.
Let's say there are several libraries having the same book. The patron
can select the item to place a hold on. (ok, working). He cannot select
a pickup location (ok).
If he select the item B from library B the patron must pickup the item
from this library. (now it places automatically the patron home library
as the pickup location).

Regards,

Mana

On 19/03/2018 11:56, Kyle Hall wrote:
> So, are you forcing patron's to select an item to place a hold on?
> That is, are you dis-allowing record level holds? That would be the
> first step in getting to what you want.
>
> Kyle
>
> <https://secure2.convio.net/cffh/site/Donation2?df_id=1395&FR_ID=4715&PROXY_ID=2706639&PROXY_TYPE=20&1395.donation=form1&s_src=CHORUS&s_subsrc=CHAADOEB>
>
> http://www.kylehall.info
> ByWater Solutions ( http://bywatersolutions.com )
> Meadville Public Library ( http://www.meadvillelibrary.org )
> Crawford County Federated Library System ( http://www.ccfls.org )
>
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:40 AM, Anne-Marie Mana Deweerdt
> <anne-marie.deweerdt at uclouvain.be
> <mailto:anne-marie.deweerdt at uclouvain.be>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     We are configuring the "holds" functionality in Koha and we
>     disabled the possibility for the user to chose the pickup
>     location, to suspend the hold etc.
>     However when we place a hold it takes the patron home library as
>     the pickup location.
>     We would like to know if it is possible to configure that and have
>     the item's home library in place of the patron's home library.
>
>     In our libraries once a patron makes a request on an available
>     item he has to pick it up by himself from the shelves.
>     We prepare the item only for "closed stack request".
>     If the request was placed on a checked out book he receives an
>     alert that the item is ready to pickup at the circulation desk.
>
>     Kind regards,
>
>     --
>     Mana Deweerdt

Mana