[Koha] [Koha-devel] RFC for MARC holdings record support

Hugh Rundle HughR at brimbank.vic.gov.au
Fri Apr 6 17:55:36 NZST 2018

This sounds great. I'm assuming this would allow us to do things like group multiple copies of the same issue of a magazine.

Ere, or someone else, are you able to advise whether this includes any holds functionality changes? i.e. if we have:

Bib record
  - Holdings record 1
    - item record A
    - item record B
  - Holdings record 2
    - item record C
    - item record D

We would want to be able to 'place hold on first available item on this Holding', rather than first available on Bib/Title, or forcing item-level holds. i.e. I want to place a hold on Holdings Record 1, and either of item A or item B would satisfy my hold, but item C or item D would not.

This may also necessitate changes to the circulation rules section of Administration.

thanks

Hugh Rundle
Library Systems & Resource Coordinator
Community Learning & Participation

Brimbank City Council
Brimbank Community and Civic Centre - 301 Hampshire Road, Sunshine

T +61 3 9249 4170
M +61 437 734 108
F +61 3 9249 4351

www.brimbank.vic.gov.au