[Koha] Need help in modifying book request through OPAC

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Mon Apr 2 00:51:21 NZST 2018

Hi,

> We would like to modify a online book request through OPAC, There are some
> fields are already available on OPAC, However we would like to add some
> more following fields, Please help us in getting source codes for the same.
At the moment it's not possible to add new fields to the suggestion form
on the OPAC. It might be possible to repurpose some fields by changing
the label with jQuery.
> 1. OPAC through made book requests are directly reflecting on Staff clients
> but instead of this we would like to provide a dedicated mail id for this.
At the moment it's not possible to send an email to staff, when a
suggestion has been made. Pending suggestions are visible on Koha's
start page for every staff member with at least one permission in the
acquisitions module. E-Mails to patrons can be send when a suggestion
has been accepted, rejected, ordered, and/or received.

> 2. We would like to make some "mandatory field" as well as "Drop Box"
> option for some other fields.
In newer versions of Koha you can mark fields on the suggestion form
mandatory using the OPACSuggestionMandatoryFields system preference.
|Reasons and item type lists can be customized using the SUGGEST_FORMAT
and OPAC_SUG authorized value categories.|

Hope this helps,

Katrin