[Koha] DBMS auto increment fix

Sunil Sharma koha.sunil007 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 01:27:28 NZDT 2017

Dear All,

I had tried the fix given on page:
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix

with steps as given below:

   - Edit /etc/mysql/my.cnf
   - Locate the [mysqld] section and add:

   init-file=/var/lib/mysql/init-file_kohadev.sql

   - Create a file /var/lib/mysql/init-file_kohadev.sql
   - Edit it with the following contents

       Restart MySQL

This solution works for single mysql instance having multiple database,
then we have to repeat all these statements for all the DBs.

But my problem is that I am using mysql_mutli and there are different mysql
instance for each Koha instance, considering master-slave instances, I have
to use mysql_mutli.

So, how should I use these statements in case of mysql_multi.

Can anyone guide me in this regard?

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 1:29 PM, SATISH <lis4satish at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Koha updated from 16.11.09 to 16.11.11.000 / Package Installation/ Ubuntu
> 14.04 Desktop
> and using Mysql Version 14.14 Distrib 5.5.57
>
> I have faced problems regarding check-in earlier. Therefore, Is it relevant
> / necessary for the said version of Koha to follow instructions given in
> the URL on DBMS auto increment
> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix
>
> I mean to ask, should I edit /etc/mysq as defined in the wiki page.
>
> With Thanks
> Satish MV
> Librarian,
> Govt. Engineering College, Hassan.