[Koha] Koha password recovery doesn't seem to work

VISINI Giacomo Giacomo.VISINI at divaantwerp.be
Wed Oct 11 03:47:56 NZDT 2017

Hello,

I've been having issues setting up a password recovery in Koha (version 16.11.12.000). I've did all the necessary steps, as explained in the manual.

In short this:

  1.  Go to Administration
  2.  System Preferences
  3.  OPAC Preferences
  4.  Opacresetpassword<http://translate.koha-community.org/manual/16.05/en/html-desktop/#OpacResetPassword> :  Library users are "allowed" to recover their password via email in the OPAC.
  5.   A notice must be set up in the Notices and Slips section
     *   Go to Tools
     *   Notices and Slips
     *   Verify there is a notice set up called Password_Reset
Everything seems to be working fine. I can choose 'Forgot password' in OPAC, then I can enter a login name and/or email address. I receive a link in my mailbox saying:

This email has been sent in response to your password recovery request for the account XXX.XXX.
You can now create your new password using the following link:
/cgi-bin/koha/opac-password-recovery.pl?uniqueKey=$2a$08$DDiNbAFWtNLz80gWHQxUbe<http://cgi-bin/koha/opac-password-recovery.pl?uniqueKey=$2a$08$DDiNbAFWtNLz80gWHQxUbe>
This link will be valid for 2 days from this email's reception, then you must reapply if you do not change your password.
Thank you.

Unfortunately the link doesn't seem to work. I've tried several times under several accounts. The link is always faulty.

The same thing happens when I want to set up a verify-by-email for the self-registering patron (PatronSelfRegistrationVerifyByEmail). All goes well like above, until I click the link sent to me:

Hello! Your library account has been created. Please verify your email address by clicking this link to complete the signup process: /cgi-bin/koha/opac-registration-verify.pl?token=1b9cbb3ba7da22d9751aa4b9f15973b1<http://opac-registration-verify.pl/?token=1b9cbb3ba7da22d9751aa4b9f15973b1> If you did not initiate this request, you may safely ignore this one-time message. The request will expire shortly.

Has anybody experienced this problem? Can anybody give an explanation or a solution? I didn't see any reportings of this exact issue.

Many thanks in advance!

With kind regards,

Giacomo Visini
+32(0)3 360 52 41
giacomo.visini at divaantwerp.be

Gildekamersstraat 9, B-2000 Antwerpen

Disclaimer: Op deze e-mail is de wet van 13 juni 2005 over het vertrouwelijke karakter van elektronische communicatie van toepassing. De tekst van het relevante artikel 124 kun je op onze website consulteren.
http://www.provincieantwerpen.be/over-deze-website.html