[Koha] Adding an independent branch

Josef Moravec josef.moravec at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 07:35:30 NZDT 2017

Hi Elaine,

maybe a report like this could be useful for you, it searches for
candidates to merging and have buttons to merge found records. Candidates
are grouped by author, title, part number and volume title:

SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(bi.isbn) as isbns, b.author,
CONCAT_WS(" ", ExtractValue(bm.metadata,
'//datafield[@tag="245"]/subfield[@code="a"]'), ExtractValue(bm.metadata,
'//datafield[@tag="245"]/subfield[@code="b"]'), ExtractValue(bm.metadata,
'//datafield[@tag="245"]/subfield[@code="p"]'), ExtractValue(bm.metadata,
'//datafield[@tag="245"]/subfield[@code="n"]')) as title_norm,
CONCAT_WS("", ExtractValue(bm.metadata,
'//datafield[@tag="260"]/subfield[@code="c"]'), ExtractValue(bm.metadata,
'//datafield[@tag="264"]/subfield[@code="c"]')) as year_norm,
bi.place, bi.publishercode, b.copyrightdate, COUNT(*) as recordscount ,
CONCAT_WS("", "<a class='btn btn-default btn-xs'
href='/cgi-bin/koha/cataloguing/addbooks.pl?q=", b.title, "' ><i class='fa
fa-search'></i> Search</a>") as Search,
CONCAT_WS("", "<a class='btn btn-default btn-xs'
href='/cgi-bin/koha/cataloguing/merge.pl?biblionumber=" ,
GROUP_CONCAT(b.biblionumber separator "&biblionumber="), "'><i class='fa
fa-compress'></i> Merge</a>") AS Merge
FROM biblio b
JOIN biblioitems bi ON b.biblionumber = bi.biblionumber
JOIN biblio_metadata bm ON b.biblionumber = bm.biblionumber
GROUP BY title_norm, b.author, year_norm, frameworkcode
having recordscount > 1 AND year_norm != ""
order by isbns, b.author

Josef