[Koha] Regarding the author entered in 700$a tag

Barton Chittenden barton at bywatersolutions.com
Wed Nov 15 17:22:19 NZDT 2017

Here's what that would look like pre 17.05:

select ExtractValue( marcxml, '//datafield[@tag=700]/subfield[@code="a"]' )
as '700$a' from biblioitems;

After 17.05:

select ExtractValue( metadata, '//datafield[@tag=700]/subfield[@code="a"]'
) as '700$a' from biblio_metadata;

Strictly speaking, the latter isn't *quite* correct, because
biblio_metadata may eventually hold non-marcxml metadata, so we should be
testing

select ExtractValue( metadata, '//datafield[@tag=700]/subfield[@code="a"]'
) as '700$a' from biblio_metadata where format='marcxml';

you may want to future-proof your queries accordingly.