[Koha] Koha circ & fine rules based on CCODE instead of item type

Christopher Davis cgdavis at uintah.utah.gov
Wed May 31 10:01:56 NZST 2017

Dear Colleagues,

I thought that I remember someone stating that Koha's circ and fine
rules can be configured using collection codes instead of item types.
Have any of you heard that too? My institution wants to circulate new
videos for one week instead of three, but if we configure the circ and
fine rules using item types, then a patron would not be able to view
all of the DVDs by clicking the "DVD" item type search limiter unless
they also thought to click the "New DVD" item type limiter. It make
more sense to me if the item type reflects the physical manifestation
of the item instead of how an item circulates. I hope that example
made sense.

Thank you,

Christopher Davis, MLS
Systems & E-Services Librarian