[Koha] ICU Chains Configuration for Spanish

Barton Chittenden barton at bywatersolutions.com
Fri May 26 03:45:34 NZST 2017

I'm having issues searching for the Title

    ¿Tartamudeas? : una guía para adolescentes /

After a bit of poking around, I realized that searching for

    ¿Tartamudeas?

works, but a search for Tartamudeas or Tartamudeas? does not -- i.e. the
leading '¿' [Character 'INVERTED QUESTION MARK' (U+00BF)] is not being
counted as punctuation, and the resulting search string must match
'¿Tartamudea' exactly to get a hit.

I think this can be fixed via an icu_chain rule, as would be found in
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/ICU_Chains_Library, but we don't have
anything on the wiki for locale="es".

Has anyone run into this /  have a rule that I can use?

Thanks,

--Barton