[Koha] smtp: Failed: Server does not advertise any supported authentication methods

Vimal Kumar V. vimal0212 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 21:17:47 NZST 2017

Dear Friends,

I was trying to configure nullmailer with gmail using following document,

http://blog.janjonas.net/2011-04-22/configure-nullmailer-smtp-authentication/comment-page-1#comment-72420

Here is the format of login credentials in /etc/nullmailer/remotes

smtp.gmail.com smtp --port=587 --user=xyz --pass=xyz

Message did not sent, following is the error log of nullmailer,

May 18 14:33:54 koha nullmailer[13567]: smtp: Failed: Server does not
advertise any supported authentication methods
May 18 14:33:54 koha nullmailer[13409]: Sending failed:  Temporary error in
sending the message

Any clue regarding this error?

My Koha version  is 16.11.7

Regards,