[Koha] when will koha master work with elastic search 5.X

David Holoshka david.holoshka at ub.lu.se
Wed May 17 19:36:12 NZST 2017

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt replies.  We have tried reseting the mappings
(yesterday was the 2nd time we tried) and rebuilt the ES indexes with
similar results.  Now that I know that koha should work with ES 5 I can
re check our configuration.  We have been using stuff from the koha
unstable main and the koha nightly as per instructions:
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Elasticsearch  .  I will try to
rebuild the indexes with out using these repositories as I see that
apt-get complains of some dependency issues.

Our system is:

Debian,

Koha cloned from master into /usr/local/koha using git

Mysql

ES 5.3  (it seems to be working fine) on oracle java 8 ( I could not
find the open jdk 8 on the debian package list).

Marc 21

All perl catmandu modules are the latest from cpanm.

Best Regards,

Dave