[Koha] Update on Koha International Conference 2017 (KohaCon2017) to be held in Makati City, Philippines

schnydszch eugenegf at yahoo.com
Fri May 5 02:13:00 NZST 2017

Dear all,

Here are the updates for KohaCon2017 that should have been taken note during
the Koha Community monthly meeting for April 2017:
1) The organizers would like to ask that the website for kohacon2017 be
added in the kohacon links of the koha community website; 2) There are now
235 pre-registered participants for the said Conference, 45 are foreign
participants. So the estimate is right- 50 foreign, 200 local. We're pretty
excited with this. We also want to have other local institutions the chance
to attend so we're trying to work on it. 250 is the limit for the venue, so
we're working doubly on this. 3) This May 17 12PM-1PM PST, KohaCon2017 will
be featured in a local radio program created by the University of the
Philippines Main Library which is termed as libradio, link is here:
http://dzup.org/libradio but that will still be on May 17. We'll post this
in the list and update the K-C on this, the language of the radio program
will be Filipino-English, so those interested in listening to the podcast,
please bear with us. 4) We're already done with the program, we're just
trying to figure out to make it look like the program done with Greece, was
it a Wordpress plugin? So we'd like to us some help from the organizers from
Greece, please contact us regarding this. In any rate, program will be out
this week. 5) One major sponsor is not yet filled up so we'd appreciate if
we can still have one. We'll email some sponsors too regarding their
sponsorship/donation. Cheers, have a nice day! We hope to see you at
KohaCon2017!

-eugene