[Koha] Koha slowed down by Google indexing?!

Mark Alexander marka at pobox.com
Thu May 4 02:36:24 NZST 2017

Excerpts from Michael Kuhn's message of 2017-05-03 16:14:55 +0200:
>   # ufw status
>
>   To                         Action      From
>   --                         ------      ----
>   22/tcp                     ALLOW       Anywhere
>   80/tcp                     ALLOW       Anywhere
>   8080/tcp                   ALLOW       Anywhere
>   Anywhere                   DENY        66.249.64.32
>
> But however this is possible, still Googlebot is crawling and eating
> CPU!

I haven't used UFW, but I'm looking at the documentation here:

  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UFW

and it seems that the order of the rules is important.  Quote:

  Once a rule is matched the others will not be evaluated (see manual
  below) so you must put the specific rules first. As rules change you
  may need to delete old rules to ensure that new rules are put in the
  proper order.

and from the man page:

  Rule ordering is important and the first match wins. Therefore when
  adding rules, add the more specific rules first with more general
  rules later.