[Koha] Help - Patrons Deletions- best practice

vanda koha vandakoha at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 23:06:42 NZDT 2017

Hi Satish,

I have worked in a College library and we have never erased the patrons
from our databese: we just blocked the students access when they finished
their course. As simple as that. I think that's the best policy. Imagnie
that later on they decide to attend another course: you'll just have to
enable them/give them access to circulation, you do not have to register
them all over again. Besides, at any moment you may want to extract some
statistics from your database, and those patrons whether they have finissed
their course or not are part of your library history.

Best regards

Vanda