[Koha] Fwd: Unable to reindex after massive upgrade

Mary W. Maina mmainat22 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 00:31:35 NZST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Tim Young" <Tim.Young at lightsys.org>
Date: Jun 23, 2017 15:02
Subject: Unable to reindex after massive upgrade
To: "Mary Maina" <mmaina at scott.ac.ke>

(Mary, could you send this on to the Koha email list?)

We recently upgraded our old Koha install to a new install.  We went from a
tarball install to a debian package install at the same time.

I am not entirely sure what version they had previously, but it was
3.something, and now it is Koha 17.0500000.  I made a new site, upgraded
the old schema, and successfully followed the instructions from here:
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Moving_an_installation_
from_a_regular_install_to_the_Debian_packages

The website (http://opac.scott.ac.ke/) comes up fine.  I can do a search
for a book, and I can find it.  But, when I click on a link, it gives me a
404.

So far as I can tell, my current issue is that we are not getting any of
the old records to reindex:

Zebra configuration information
================================
Zebra biblio directory      = /var/lib/koha/zebradb/biblios
Zebra authorities directory = /var/lib/koha/zebradb/authorities
Koha directory              = /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin
Lockfile                    = /var/lock/koha/zebradb/rebuild/rebuild..LCK
BIBLIONUMBER in :     999$c
BIBLIOITEMNUMBER in : 999$d
================================
skipping authorities
====================
exporting biblio
====================
.^M1error retrieving biblio 1 at /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/
rebuild_zebra.pl line 683.
.error retrieving biblio 3 at /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/
rebuild_zebra.pl line 683.
.error retrieving biblio 4 at /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/
rebuild_zebra.pl line 683.
...lots of lines...

.error retrieving biblio 18258 at /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/
rebuild_zebra.pl line 683.

.error retrieving biblio 18259 at /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/
rebuild_zebra.pl line 683.
Records exported: 0

====================
REINDEXING zebra
====================

====================
CLEANING

Opening up the rebuild_zebra.pl program and tracing it down, it seems that
the biblio_metadata table, where it is trying to track down the biblio data
from, is empty.  I am assuming that it used to be stored elsewhere in a
previous version?  I do see a deletedbiblio_metadata table, and I have
tracked some of that data down; I have a lot of biblio data in the
"import_biblios" table.

Anyway, It seems that my biblio_metadata table needs to be rebuilt /
repopulated after an upgrade.  Any pointers on where to start?

        - Tim Young