[Koha] Wiki Account Requests

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9 05:01:06 NZST 2017

Kia ora!

    Good news, currently there are no account requests pending in the Wiki queue.

    I try and check once a week or so for pending requests. I'd like to thank David Nind for often beating me to the punch. With his help and others, the queue seems to be maintained in good form with minimal effort.

    I'm just a little worried about two things.

    1) Are we overblocking?

    Some bots are very obvious to spot. Others can be difficult. The latter always has me worried that I might have held a valid request rather than approve it. If this has happened to you, please do contact me off list to say something unbotty and I will ensure that you get your account as soon as I have a second to do so.

    2) Am I underblocking?

    I like to give users in the queue the benefit of the doubt, but I've wondered now and again if I've let a vandal through. Will someone please let me know if I've dropped the ball in the last year or so. Also, please do tell me if something bad happens in future so that I can look at the bad accounts and make a note to not let similar ones by in future.

    Thanks for contributing to the Wiki!

Cheers,
Brooke