[Koha] Editing content of MARC field 300 - is this the way to go?

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 01:35:46 NZST 2017

Hi Michael,

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 6:49 PM, Michael Kuhn <mik at adminkuhn.ch> wrote:
<snipped>

> 3. But the content of tag <leader> in field "marcxml" has NOT changed (so it still shows the old number of characters of the record). I don't know if this is a problem or how it could be easily solved.
>
> My question: Is this the way to go or does anyone have another idea how to accomplish this task? Maybe this is even described in some documentation?

I'm sure you understand that this happened as you bypassed the MARC21
data handling functions in Koha which would have updated your leaders,

A crude way I can see to reset them to their actual values could be to
export the data out to MarcEdit as a .mrk mnemonic file and then back
to a .mrc file and importing the .mrc file back into Koha, *after*
truncating everything in your biblio, biblioitems and items table and
post import followed by a full zebra re-index.

YMMV and of course back up the database before anything  (but you know
that already :-) )

just my 2p :-)

cheers
Indranil Das Gupta
L2C2 Technologies

Phone : +91-98300-20971
WWW  : http://www.l2c2.co.in
Blog    : http://blog.l2c2.co.in
IRC     : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg